It did, however, give me an idea of what life would be like as a Phillies fan the next decade or so

I didn't want this to be my first post since I got all famous and everything, but I had to look up the boxscore of that First Game I went to just to see how close my memory was to what actually happened. The game was in 1966 and I did get the part right about Robin Roberts pitching for the Cubs, not the Phils, and Ferguson Jenkins did pitch in the game, but it was for the Cubs, not the Phils, and it was in relief, not as a starter, and he was terrible. Well, you can look for yourself if you care - here's the boxscore: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/PHI/PHI196608160.shtml.

I also remember having uh, severe intestinal discomfort i think is what they call it nowadays, during the game, but that doesn't show up in the boxscore.

Comments

  1. I just read all your blogs, Jamie, and each one is worthy of commenting, "GREAT job!" - is there some way we can be automatically notified when there's a new entry, or must I rely on my absent-minded brain to come back every day to check on my own? I want to read every one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Of course, the Republican Congress didn't get anything done last year anyway, so maybe it's for the best